I got in this morning and figured out the animation right away. The problem was that I was moving the figure himself instead of his “reference”, so my ridiculously monotonous typing of numbers was all in vain, which I was pretty psyched about. Then I moved on to rendering the animation. Maya apparently isn’t too fond of rendering videos, preferring instead single frames, so I wasted a decent amount of time before discovering that videos are actually impossible to render, at least with my version of the program. I switched my focus to getting all of the frames of the animation into stills for each camera. The array’s program runs on stills so it worked out. Once I got all of the 1,110 frames neatly into folders, I sent them over to Matt. He plugged them into the program and of course, they didn’t work. I realized that I didn’t put the images into grayscale, and so we had to search for a way to convert such a huge number of pictures, since Maya won’t let me render in grayscale either. We still haven’t figured out how to do it. After lunch, we found some spray paint and tape next to our static validation test balls. Joe said he wanted to make them contrast more for a more dramatic effect for a demonstration, so my job was to paint some patterns. Taping polka dots (which were already there, but didn’t stand out enough) and stripes took forever, and then I had to spray paint. I was pretty rusty on my spray painting skills and started off with some nice pools, but I got the hang of it pretty quick. There are now two big rubber balls hanging out in the fume hood room.